Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Aussie Word of the Day.

I love my friends.
I especially love them when they use Aussie colloquialisms in casual conversation. Those little words from my homeland, slipping from the mouth of an American is blissful. I feel like I am propagating little Aussieisms in the boroughs of New York City and when I hear those planted words coming back to me, it lulls my homesickness and cocoons me.
Silly little words that make me feel good.
So, because of the profound effect hearing those little words has on me I have decided to do a thing on my blog devoted to my Motherland Slang.

Fanging, Fangin'

To travel at high speed.
" aw , mate I was fangin' the Monaro down the highway"

If you have read previous posts, you should know what a Monaro is.
If you don't then read the back blogs baby.
Technorati Profile