Thursday, January 06, 2005

Coffee.


New Years Resolutions are crap.
We all know that, hence the gym membership ads in every paper press item you pick up.
They know its a crock too, you'll go a few times, you might even buy some lyra pants 3 sizes too small to aim toward. Then your resolve will become jelly like your legs after the Stairmaster.
This is why I am going to focus on something far more managable...
My New Years resolution is to drink more coffee.
I have never had a true addiction to the stuff and I think it is time for such a grown up kind of habit.
Sometimes I have it and then realise that I feel really good afterwards, I complete things, like the laundry, whistling like a psychotic dwarf " Hi Ho Hi Ho on caffeine here I go"
I want to join the ranks of the TO-GO mug contingent on the subway.
I want to know what it feels like to be literally panting for an expresso, crazy eyed and running down to block to line up outside Starbucks.
I think I already have some 'Coffee Cool', I drink it black no sugar and I screw my nose up at instant stuff.
Surely I am half way there.
I am hoping it is going to help me finish the large stack of started projects that teeters in the corner of my living room.
The Comic Book, The Memoirs Book, The Art Show, The Photography Book, The Crap Blog Book.
It's either coffee or therapy, currently coffee is cheaper ( except at Starbucks).
Technorati Profile