Monday, April 18, 2005

Hey Mami


The sunset around here is cool, in an urban way.
Everyone is out on their stoops and the bodega is more like a roller disco. Kids hang out front with boom boxes, wearing old style white leather skates.
There is this gaggle of boys that sit on the corner and talk to every girl who walks by.
I know that one of them is called Bevan as once he insisted walking me home ( 5 houses down)he wanted to carry my groceries, he wanted my phone number.
He was 16 years old.

All those boys wear their pants low, the lower the cooler I guess. I don't really get it, then again I am sure my mum didn't get my flouro socks and plastic bangles in the 80's... You know what that means, it means I am old.
These boys can't walk more than 6 steps without having to stop and pull their pants up, they look like they pooed themselves, the calvins and Fubu's belted at the thigh.

"Hey Mami"
Bodega chorus at all times of the day.
Then there is the more direct " Hey Sexy" , these guys had to be shitting me, I just woke up, my hair is a split end explosion and I slept in my mascara, I AM Alice Cooper.
God Bless Them.
Technorati Profile