Saturday, October 21, 2006

Was Jane Austen Bionic?

I know it's an awfully silly blog title . For starters Steve's surname is AustIN. Silly, Silly!.
But I did get a little giggle happening when I imagined a bonnet wearing Jane Austen, BeepBeepBeepBeeping her way through a manicured English Garden. Doing all sorts of ye olde worldy things, bionic needlework, bionic romance writing, bionic high teas and such.

Would a Bionic woman in the late 1700's be able to do anything at all? Or would the delicate nature of her demure sex, prevent her from really getting the most out of her Bionic-ness?

I guess I will never really know.

The only thing I am sure about, is that I always wanted to be Bionic. Not because of Steve Austin (he just didn't do it for me). Nope, I was more a Jamie Summers kinda girl. I can still see Lindsay Wagner in a red valour tracksuit, jumping over volkswagon beetles and other funky things from the 1970's.
Yes, we had the technology.
We still do apparently, as now Lindsay is all gungho about those Sleep Number Beds.
Oh Lindsay, lets go back to 1976 (I'll stay my current age, thanks) let's pick a yummy sleep number,( I can think of at least one ), and lets Beepbeepbeep on every number... Going down.
Technorati Profile